Works well! Thanks for sharing
Depict is an image demake tool for PICO-8. It converts any image into a dithered image that uses PICO-8 standard colors and is reduced to a maximum width and height of 128 x 128. It supports the standard Ordered, Atkinson, Floyd-Steinberg, and Sierra2 dithers as well as some artistic dithers: Rivers, Streets, Rain, and Wind.
- Load an image file.
- Choose a dithering method
- Choose colors.
- If you don't want to use the full palette, click on colors to deselect them. Sometimes, less is more.
- If you choose more than 16 colors, only the first 16 colors will be used.
- The first palette is the standard PICO-8 palette. The second palette contains the "hidden" colors.
- Adjust size if you want depiction to be smaller than the maximum size.
- Click "Depict"
- If you like the preview image, click the download button to download a PNG file.
- Import the downloaded PNG file into PICO-8.
- If you are using any "hidden" colors, copy the pal statement from the web page and paste into the PICO-8 command line.
- Drag and drop the PNG file from the operating system directly into the PICO-8 sprite sheet.
Click download now to get access to the following files: